When I made this recipe, I had expected a more sweeter taste, but surprisingly they taste kind of like a digestive cracker, which makes them seem more healthy than they actually are, which is just a-okay to me!
They’re super quick and easy to make, for this batch I double up the recipe and it took me about 40 minutes in total to make (with baking and decorating).
As long as your batter has enough oil in it, everything should run smoothly.
And by the way, can we just take a second to appreciate how darn cute these guys look?
- 200g flour
- 100g vegetable oil
- 60g sugar (for this batch I used coconutsugar for half)
- 1 tsp grounded ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon or nutmeg (or both :D)
- ½ tsp baking powder
How to do:
- Mix all your ingredients together and make sure it all sticks, if it doesn’t, you might need to add more oil.
- Roll out your batter in between two pieces of plastic (this will make it easier to prevent breakage)
- Cut your cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
If you want the nutty gingerbread men, all you do it cut out cookies with the shape of a man (or perhaps a teddybear, place a nut on the belly of the cookie, the nut should be placed with the tiny side upwards and gently pushed into the cookie. Lastly you grab the arms of the cookie and sqeeze them gently around the nut, bare in mind that the arms simply needs to cover the nut, as the baking will make the arms stick.)