I’m a huge fan of fries, any kind really, especially the ones you can get at Sunset Boulevard, have you tried those? Oh my.
But as we all know regular french fries aren’t exactly super healthy, so how do you go about making your fries just a bit more reasonable to eat as often as I do? You exchange those regular potatoes with the good roots!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can pretty much use any root veggie you like, so go ahead and make a mix of your favorites roots 😀
- The roots of your choice! (perhaps sweet potatoes, carrots, beets & parsnips.)
- A tiny bit of oil
- Seasoning for your fries. (check out this weeks Freestyle Friday for suggestions)
How to do:
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop up all your ingredients into fries-sizes, remember that if you make them bigger, they’ll need longer in the oven.
- Put them all in a big bowl and toss around with the oil and seasoning.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. You’ll need to stir them approximately every 15-20 minutes.