Im feeling sort of ashamed when typing this, but over the year I’ve hoarded tons of awesome starches, I’ve made it to stuffing two whole cabinets before the thought hit me “maybe I should use some of this instead of keep buying more”.
So I dug through the cabinets and had a look at my starch-empire. I have some pretty exciting things going on in there, but I must admit I had to facepalm myself when I realized I had an unopened pack of quinoa, I mean really? how could the glorious goodness that is quinoa have survived in my cabinet for almost a whole year?
Yeah no, that just wouldnt do, and so I came up with this!
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 2 portions)
- 1½ cup of quinoa
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tomatoes
- dressing of your choice, go ahead and try one from Dressing 101.
How to do:
- Rinse and put your quinoa to a boil.
- Cut up your broccoli into tiny florets.
- When the quinoa has 5 minutes left of cooking, you add the broccoli florets.
- Chop up the rest of your ingredients and mix in a bowl.
- Your quinoa and broccoli should be done by now, let it rest in the pot while you prepare your dressing.
- Mix all of your things in a big bowl and serve.