Hey guys! It’s been while, I know 😦
I’ve been getting sick and haven’t really been very active in the kitchen lately, thus no exciting recipes to post about, but hopefully I’ll be back in the game now, and what better way to return from the dead than with a batch of freshly baked cookies!
So here’s what I had with my tea this morning 😀
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 8 mediumsized cookies)
- 1/2 cup of margarine (plantbased)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup of soymilk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (yes I would’ve usually used baking soda, but I was out and this worked fine and even gave them a softer quality.)
- 50 g of reeses peanutbutter buttons (or chocolate chips)
How to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix together the margarine, sugar and coconutsugar.
- Slowly add your soymilk to the mixture.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients but save the peanutbutter buttons for last, as they should be folded in to keep them from breaking.
- Form your cookies the size you wish, remember that because I used baking powder in this recipe, they grow upwards instead of sideways like regular cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.