Where I live this is actually called a Swedish sausagedish, which is weird since the swedes have nothing to do with it whatsoever.
Nevertheless it’s an awesome dish so when a friend of mine proposed that I made a vegan version I immediately said yes.
This is actually only the second time I’ve ever used the soybased cream which is used in this recipe, but I’ve found that it makes the dish really heavy and therefore makes you full quite quickly.
So when you make this dish, do try to stock up on the greens as a side as well, I personally prefer broccoli as it also brings a little more color to the plate 😀
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 3 portions)
- 400 g boiled potatoes
- 250 g soybased sausages
- 1 onion
- 5 g margarine (plantbased)
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 small can of tomato puree
- 1 dl of soymilk
- 250 ml soybased cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to do:
- Cut up the boiled potatoes and the sausages in small bites.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put the butter in a pot and sauté the onion.
- Add paprika and sausages for about 3 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the rest of the ingredients (potatoes too).
- Let it all boil for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! 😀