During this cold season, this is my absolute favorite breakfast when I have just a little bit more time in the mornings.
It’s relatively quick to make, and the sweetness of the apples just compliments the oatmeal incredibly well, sometimes I even go all in and sprinkle with some kind of sirup 😀
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 cup of water
- a splash of soymilk
- 1 apple
- coconut sugar
- + any kind of syrup for that extra sweetness
How to do:
- Pour your oats in a bowl and add the water.
- Place in microwave for approximately 2:40 minutes
- While the oats are cooking chop up your apple into tiny bits
- Mix the apple with coconut sugar and cinnamon, make sure to get a lot on them 😀
- Pour the apples into a heated pan, I never use oil on mine, but it’s optional, you can even use butter if you prefer the more “proper caramelizing”.
- Your oats should be done by now, so go ahead and add a splash of soymilk, stir it around and stop when you get the consistency you prefer your oatmeal to be.
- Once you are happy with your apples just add them on top of the oatmeal and drizzle some syrup on top.