Snow is falling and I’ve been in the mood for baked goods since yesterday, so I decided to treat myself to a freshly baked breakfast and soak in the sweet smell of these lovely breakfast buns all morning… *Inhales*
Where I come from these breakfast buns are actually eaten during the day and preferably with a cup of tea on the side, thus we call them teabuns. Surely I can’t be the only one who feels that they are just as perfect as a morning treat and thus I’ll put this recipe under the breakfast category.. please don’t tell the bun-police 😀
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g sugar
- 1/2 dl lukewarm water
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 25 g melted margarine (be sure to check that this is solely plantbased)
- 2 dl soymilk (if you prefer sweeter buns, you may choose one with added sugar)
How to do:
- Dissolve your yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Melt your margarine (this can be done for 20-30 seconds in a microwave) and add with the milk as well.
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients and knead your dough until it’s all settled.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a towel, let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn on your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Knead your dough again and separate it into your preferred amount of buns. (I got 10 from this amount of dough)
- Place the buns on a baking sheet and let it rest for another 15-20 minutes with a towel to cover it again.
- Before putting the buns in the oven, you can brush them with chilled coffee, water or milk to get that golden surface result.
- Bake your buns for approximately 10 minutes.
- Enjoy !