I started making these two years ago but never bothered to look up what the actual name for my creations were, I’ve just been calling them chai latte’ish, which apparently is way far from the truth.
A true chai latte is a tea mixture of Indian spices brewed solely on milk, and THIS ladies and gentlemen, I present to you… is a Chino !
As it turns out, my creation can’t even be called chai since I’m just using whatever tea blend I’m in the mood for, but the name doesn’t make it any less exciting.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of soy or almond milk
- 2 teabags of your favorite tea
How to do:
- Pour all your ingredients in a pot and heat it up using the medium heat on your stove.
- Keep stirring the mixture until you are satisfied with the flavor the tea gives to the liquids, I usually keep mine on for about 5-8 minutes (you can add sugar too if you prefer your tea sweet).
- Take the pot of the heat and pour the liquid through a sieve and into your cup.
There you have it! Your very own chino.