This is one extremely tummy-filling dish, and not only will it keep you stuffed for hours, but being as simple as it is, you can pretty much throw any spices in there if you’d like.
Being a heavy-duty dish, I personally prefer to have it for lunch as it will keep my tummy happy and working all day long, but as with all other dishes it’s really up to you.
Here goes the recipe!
Ingredients: (This makes approximately 4 portions)
- 400 g pasta (preferably some that will “catch” the broccoli-sauce)
- 2 Broccoli heads
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2,5 dl soybased cooking cream
- White pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
How to do:
- Put your oven at 175 degrees Celsius
- Wash your broccoli and cut it into tiny pieces
- Cook the broccoli for 5-8 minutes in salted water
- Boil your pasta
- Cut the tomatoes over in half and sprinkle them with rosemary, garlic, salt & pepper
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Chop up your onion and heat it up in a big pot with your oil (they should not turn brown)
- Add the cream and broccoli to the onions and give them a quick boil before blending it all with a handblender
- Use the rest of your spices to add the flavours you prefer.
- The tomatoes should have had their 20 minutes now, and you can take them out of the oven (or switch to “grill” and give them 1-2 minutes more for a crispy edge)
- Serve your dish! It looks awesome with a piece of basil, sadly I only had parsley available for my picture.